In-house Tax Manager
Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Salary: £48,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
This is an excellent opportunity for an In-House Tax Manager to join a rapidly growing organisation – 4 day week considered!
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- ACA qualified (or, equivalent), and / or CTA qualified.
- Strong academic record
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at all levels in the business
- Self-starter with a desire to work hard
- Organised approach to work with the ability to manage a wide variety of outputs and deliver against continual tight deadlines
- Not afraid to propose and then drive change
- Enthusiasm to address technically challenging issues and work thought them to reach pragmatic solutions
- Ability to explain complex financial issues in ‘plain English’ to non-finance managers
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work with and manage external advisers
- Tax planning and compliance experience gained in industry or practice.
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS,UK GAAP reporting and tax accounting
- Experience of VAT, SDLT and transfer pricing is highly regarded.
- Accounting experience
- Working knowledge of corporation tax software
- Interest and experience in the Care sector and with National Living Wage issues
The key responsibilities as the In-House Tax Manager:
- Preparation of tax accounting disclosures for group and subsidiary statutory accounts
- Corporate tax planning and compliance, including preparation and management of the year-end tax computations, control of tax payments and support in tax planning initiatives
- VAT, SDLT and CIS compliance, including preparation and review of returns, advice and guidance to the business
- Oversight of employee tax compliance including advice and guidance to HR on employment tax issues
- Ownership of all tax related P&L and Balance Sheet numbers as part of the month end close process
- Supporting the planning process by providing group tax forecasts
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and mitigating tax compliance risks including advising of where changes in tax laws will affect the group
- Implementing robust group transfer pricing policies and maintaining appropriate transfer pricing documentation
- Development of our tax systems and tax governance including SAO compliance
- HMRC relationship management and leading role in tax enquiry responses
- Assist Head of Finance with other tax related stakeholder requests.
- Tax input into individual transactions and acquisitions
What you will receive in return:
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Circa £48k plus Discretional Company Bonus.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from prestigious offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: 4 day week! There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be agreed at interview.
About Fairhome Group:
Fairhome Group is a rapidly growing business specialising in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
Go to all jobs