Project Manager – Property Developments
Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
An experienced Project Manager required to join our rapidly growing organisation.
As a Project Manager within Fairhome Property Developments LTD you will be expected to liaise with all departments to ensure a full and clear understanding of the scope of works and requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider as agreed at design stage, ensuring the Fairhome specification is delivered as required.
You will be responsible for managing the project from estimating through to handover and completion of the properties, including addressing any snagging work required. You will also be responsible for the operational and commercial management of projects including compliance with relevant CDM and H&S standard as prescribed by the company.
About Fairhome Group.
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors in People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one-star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
At Fairhome Group as part of the developments team we refurbish, design and construct residential healthcare facilities for tenants with specialist needs from Homelessness to learning difficulties. The job we do involves working in our in-house team on schemes from minor refurbishments to extension and refurbishment of larger facilities including new build residential schemes.
Key responsibilities as a Project Manager
Job Duties (General):
- The work will involve time away from home travelling around the UK to visit sites.
- Ownership and management of projects from estimating through from completion and handover.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Managing own workload working to deadlines.
- Visit the projects at the earliest opportunity along with the Registered Provider and Service Provider to walk the scheme, manage expectations to ensure the scheme is delivered within the Preliminary budget, produce the Construction scope and drawings;
- Ensure all relevant fields are maintained & updated in QuickBase;
- Responsible for the implementation of the Fairhome Group Health & Safety Policy;
- Responsible for ensuring that the works are executed in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the contract and that all applicable legal requirements are complied with in the design and construction of a project;
- Liaise with internal M&E team me Planner with status of projects including overall program periods, Start on site date and any other notes relevant to the progression of the project;
- Work with the Project Quantity Surveyor to send out scheme for tender, ensuring any successful tenderers are on the approved supply chain and submit all documents to the CDM team allowing reasonable time for them to be assessed prior to any start on site;
- Liaise with the CDM team to complete CDM Summary Document & Designers Risk Assessment;
- Understand and review contractors Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Method statements for works to be carried out, appraising their safe method of working before passing to CDM team;
- Appoint the relevant person / people / company as Principal Contractor and Principal Designer;
- Constantly review projects and project periods ensuring they are completed and handed to the SP/RP within the periods agreed;
- Liaise with the Project Quantity Surveyor throughout the scheme ensuring project spend is controlled, maintained and monitored;
- Abiding by site specific rules when visiting site, leading by example;
- Raise any issues of non-compliance with the contractor on site, ensuring any Health and Safety items are rectified in acceptable timeframes relevant to the issue;
- Carry out site visits on a regular basis, recording progress by means of photographic evidence, written report, taking and recording meeting minutes. Relay this information to the relevant team members including project Quantity Surveyor and operations lead(s);
- All reports and progress photos are to be uploaded at minimum fortnightly intervals to the project folder;
- Monitor works on site and record any variations by logging them on the tracker in the project folder so all parties are clear on the Forecast Final Account;
- Collate all relevant information for the Health and Safety O&M files, checking all documentation is in place prior to sending to the office for logging in, documents to be submitted within 7 days of handover;
- Handing over the project with the Registered Provider and Service Provider, ensuring sign off as required;
- You will be required to participate in any relevant training required in connection with your role.
Skills and qualifications required as a Project Manager
- Minimum 4yrs Private practice or 2yrs main contracting experience as a Project Manager.
- A Construction Related Degree is preferable but not essential
- MCIOB is preferable but not essential
- CSCS Card
- Reporting skills/Administrative writing skills.
- Construction Methods and technologies
- Good knowledge of site-based Health and Safety, and CDM responsibilities
- Microsoft Office Skills: competence in Word/Excel programme.
- Analyzing Information/Problem solving, proactive rather than reactive where possible.
- Ability to manage, build and develop both internal and external relationships to an exceptional level.
This role requires travel, work is predominantly onsite throughout the UK, the office base will be Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays. As the role requires travelling to surrounding areas and you must own or have access to a vehicle and have a full UK Driving Licence, in line with company policy
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000.00 DOE plus excellent benefits
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be discussed at interview.
Go to all jobs