Pre Construction Project Manager
Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Fairhome Group PLC objective is to have the greatest and most positive social impact on Supported Living property throughout England and Wales. Our current aim is to maintain and build on the upward growth curve whilst maintaining the quality of delivery, service and culture within the organisation.
The post holder will be expected to manage and allocate projects from pre-contract prospect liaise with all departments to ensure a full and clear understanding of the scope of works and requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider as agreed at design stage, ensuring the Fairhome specification is delivered as required. Liaise with the Project management team and guide them through the requirements of the individual scheme to drive the project facilitating a prompt start on site after purchase.
Responsible for guiding the project from design through to completion of the properties, providing support to the site-specific Project Manager.
This role requires some travel, work is predominantly office based at Fairhome Group Head Office in Salford Quays. As the role requires travelling to surrounding areas you must own or have access to a vehicle and hold a full UK Driving Licence, in line with Fairhome company policy.
Job Type / Category
- The work may involve time away from home travelling around the UK to visit sites.
- Management and guidance of projects from estimating through from completion and handover.
- Providing leadership to Project Management team to ensure we deliver a compliant scheme without delay from statutory bodies.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Managing team’s workload working to deadlines and achieving programme targets / milestones.
- Pick up project’s pre-contract, review with scheme specific Project Manager identifying any potential issues.
- Review the requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider ensure the designs are compliant and signed off;
- Ensure all parties complete their relevant fields in QuickBase / database;
- Assist the internal teams in collating all necessary documents for pricing purposes relevant to the size / complexity of the scheme;
- Regularly update the Programme Planner with status of projects to determine overall program periods;
- Work with internal departments to ensure all contractors have passed relevant PQQ, chasing any outstanding documents as necessary;
- Liaise with the CDM team to ensure CDM Summary Document & Designers Risk Assessment as applicable are in place;
- Advise in connection of the appointment of the relevant person / people / company as Principal Contractor and Principal Designer;
- Raise any issues of non-compliance with the contractor on site, ensuring any Health and Safety items are rectified in acceptable timeframes relevant to the issue;
- Assist in the coordination of all relevant information for the Health and Safety O&M files, checking all
- documentation is in place prior to sending to the office for logging in, documents to be submitted within 7 days of completion;
- You will be required to participate in any relevant training required in connection with your role.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- CSCS Card.
- Minimum 5yrs Private practice as an Employers Agent.
- Construction delated degree or MCIOB / working towards is preferred but not essential.
- Reporting skills/Administrative writing skills.
- Construction methods and technologies.
- Good knowledge of site-based Health and Safety, and CDM responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office Skills: competence in Word/Excel programme.
- Analysing Information/Problem solving, proactive rather than reactive where possible.
- Ability to manage, build and develop both internal and external relationships to an exceptional level.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
Important: Please state your salary expectations when applying for this role in a cover letter.
Go to all jobs