Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
An experienced Quantity Surveyor required to join our rapidly growing organisation.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will work within the developments team providing support to colleagues as well as sound financial reporting, advice and management to ensure projects are delivered within specified timeframes and on budget, whilst maintaining a good working relationship with the supply chain.
You will liaise with all departments to ensure a full and clear understanding of the scope of woks and requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider, ensuring the Fairhome specification is delivered as required.
You will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager in managing the scheme from estimating through to handover and completion of the properties.
About Fairhome Group
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities.
These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors in People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one-star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
At Fairhome Group as part of the developments team we refurbish, design and construct residential healthcare facilities for tenants with specialist needs from Homelessness to Learning Difficulties. The job we do involves working in our in-house team on schemes from minor refurbishments to extension and refurbishment of larger facilities including new build residential schemes.
Key responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor at Fairhome
Job Duties (General):
- Managing own workload along with the team, working to deadlines.
- The work may involve time away from home travelling around the UK to visit sites.
- The Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial support to project teams, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, whilst protecting FPDL commercial position.
- Supporting colleagues on projects from estimating through to completion and handover.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Maintain and administer the cost reporting / forecasting for own projects ensuring all information is kept up to date, current and accurate;
- Monitor and anticipate property pipeline workload;
- Manage multiple projects at one time, ensuring progress of schemes are not delayed.
- Offer support to senior team from both management of employee and own work.
- Working with delivery team to ensure consistent tender documents are issued and of a good standard;
- Contract tender analysis, ensuring rates are relevant and consistent in the current market;
- Liaising with estimating team, providing feedback on completed schemes for pricing works going forward;
- Ensure all contract and sub contract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
- Measurement and valuation
- Contractual instructions / notices / orders
- Health and Safety
- Procurement reports
- Progress reports as required
- Carry out tender comparisons on competitively tendered schemes, presenting the preferred contactor for sign off with agreement of the Project Manager.
- Assist with the geographical expansion of the Principal Contractor supply chain;
- Compile Bills of Quantities / materials take-offs for live projects, working with the delivery team and assisting in ordering and managing materials on site;
- Financial management and reporting of, including production of regular Cost to Complete forecasts;
- Agree and produce final accounts for agreement with line manager, in a timely manner after completion of the works;
- Ensure all relevant fields are maintained & updated in QuickBase;
- Contractor management, including processing of valuation applications and issuing relevant notices within prescribed timeframes;
- Working with the internal accounts department ensuring contractor valuations are processed and advised in a timely manner in line with the main & sub contracts to ensure accurate cash flow forecasting;
- Work with line manager to draft standard Contractual Appointments and Warranties from supply chain as required;
- Assist the De-Cant/general development team in any ongoing commercial matters.
- Ensure no contractor or sub-contractor commences works on site without a) completing a PQQ and being approved by the H&S team, b) Submitting all required H&S and CDM documentation as required by the business, c) having an agreed signed order in place.
- Abiding by site specific rules when visiting site, leading by example.
Skills and qualifications required as a Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within contracting or 3 – 4 years’ experience within private practice.
- Construction related degree, HNC or equivalent
- MRICS Chartered status is preferable but not essential
- Relevant construction knowledge and understanding of works required
- Good understanding of the construction process and building techniques
This role is requires travel the office base will be Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays. As the role requires travelling to surrounding areas and you must own or have access to a vehicle and have a full UK Driving Licence, in line with company policy.
Benefits you will receive as a Quantity Surveyor at Fairhome Property Developments Ltd
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 DOE, Company Car or Car Allowance of £7,000.00 plus excellent benefits
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be discussed at interview.
If you are an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge click on apply now!
Go to all jobs