IT Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a rapidly growing organisation.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring sound delivery of technical services for Fairhome Group and partner organisations.
- Proven hands-on network analyst experience
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization’s current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
The ideal candidate
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of networking principles and WAN technology.
- Good knowledge of Firewall configuration
- Have an understanding of router configuration management.
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti Unifi systems.
- Experience of working with and managing VLANS
- Ability to resolve network problems having a varying degree of complexity.
- Experience working with Microsoft Server 2016.
- Experience of working with O365.
- Windows 10 pro.
- Experience of working with and managing Hyper-V Cluster.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using Opsview
- Experience of working and managing Veeam backup solution.
About Fairhome Group
Fairhome Group is a rapidly growing business specialising in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
What you will receive in return:
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Circa £35k depending on experience plus Discretional Company Bonus.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from prestigious offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be agreed at interview.
Go to all jobs