Sales Ledger and Credit Control Clerk
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
This is a wide-ranging role that requires a working knowledge of both sales’ ledger and credit control procedures. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the sales ledger from the initial invoicing to the collection of the debt.
The role demands a dedicated and motivated individual who is focused on ensuring that all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner and that full recovery debt is achieved to ensure that there is no debt aged greater than 3 months.
In addition, it requires a confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To raise Sales invoices for resident’s care and living costs.
- Working closely with Finance Business Partners on recharges of purchases as appropriate.
- Manage sales ledger records and customer master data.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- To monitor payments received and balances due.
- To collect outstanding debt using telephone calls, letters and emails.
- Prepare and issue Customer statements.
- To reconcile accounts and resolve all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with both internal and external customers and responding professionally and in a timely fashion to all enquiries.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the line manager or senior managers in finance.
- Accurate entry of Sales invoices
- Volume of payment queries
- Achievement of cash collection targets.
- Reduction in Debtor Days, and maintenance of improved result.
- Minimisation of WIP
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively.
- Speed and accuracy.
- A self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whist adhering to deadlines
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of sales ledger and credit control.
- Competence and experience in the use of SAGE 50 accounting package and Microsoft Office packages.
What you will receive in return:
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Circa £28k plus Discretional Company Bonus.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from prestigious offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester.
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be agreed at interview.
About Fairhome Group:
Fairhome Group is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
Go to all jobs