Property Development – Project Manager
Salary: £45,000.00 /year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused – driven Project Manager with an exceptional organisational skills and strong communication skills to join the Property Development Team at Fairhome Group PLC.
About the role of Project Manager
In this role you will be expected to liaise with all departments to ensure a full and clear understanding of the scope of works and requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider as agreed at design stage, ensuring the Fairhome specification is delivered as required.
You will be responsible for managing the project from estimating through to handover and completion of the properties, including addressing any snagging work required. You will also be responsible for the operational and commercial management of projects including compliance with relevant CDM and H&S standard as prescribed by the company.
This role requires travel, work is predominantly onsite throughout the UK, the office base will be Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays. As the role requires travelling to surrounding areas and you must have a full UK Driving Licence. A car allowance or a company car will be provided as part of this role.
Key responsibilities required for the role Property Development Project Manager.
- The work will involve time away from home travelling around the UK to visit sites.
- Ownership and management of projects from estimating through from completion and handover.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Managing own workload working to deadlines.
- Visit the projects at the earliest opportunity along with the Registered Provider and Service Provider to walk the scheme, manage expectations to ensure the scheme is delivered within the Preliminary budget, produce the Construction scope and drawings;
- Ensure all relevant fields are maintained & updated in Quickbase;
- Responsible for the implementation of the Fairhome Group Health & Safety Policy;
- Responsible for ensuring that the works are executed in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the contract and that all applicable legal requirements are complied with in the design and construction of a project;
- Liaise with M&E team were required to ensure full suite of documents are available for the tenderers were required;
- Regularly update the Programme Planner with status of projects including overall program periods, Start on site date and any other notes relevant to the progression of the project;
- Work with the project Quantity Surveyor to send out scheme for tender, ensuring any successful tenderers are on the approved supply chain and submit all documents to the CDM team allowing reasonable time for them to be assessed prior to any start on site;
- Liaise with the CDM team to complete CDM Summary Document & Designers Risk Assessment;
- Understand and review contractors Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Method statements for works to be carried out, appraising their safe method of working before passing to CDM team;
- Appoint the relevant person / people / company as Principal Contractor and Principal Designer;
- Constantly review projects and project periods ensuring they are completed and handed to the SP/RP within the periods agreed;
- Liaise with the project Quantity Surveyor throughout the scheme ensuring project spend is controlled, maintained and monitored;
- Abiding by site specific rules when visiting site, leading by example;
- Raise any issues of non-compliance with the contractor on site, ensuring any Health and Safety items are rectified in acceptable timeframes relevant to the issue;
- Carry out site visits on a regular basis, recording progress by means of photographic evidence, written report, taking and recording meeting minutes. Relay this information to the relevant team members including project Quantity Surveyor and operations lead(s);
- All reports and progress photos are to be uploaded at minimum fortnightly intervals to the project folder;
- Monitor works on site and record any variations by logging them on the tracker in the project folder so all parties are clear on the Forecast Final Account;
- Collate all relevant information for the Health and Safety O&M files, checking all documentation is in place prior to sending to the office for logging in, documents to be submitted within 7 days of handover;
- Handing over the project with the Registered Provider and Service Provider, ensuring sign off as required;
- You will be required to participate in any relevant training required in connection with your role.
About Fairhome Group & Fairhome Property Developments.
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services
Fairhome Property Developments sits within that group and undertakes property construction, refurbishment, maintenance and commercial fit-outs on a national basis for a variety of clients with surveying, architectural and building services design, health and safety and CDM work, along with project management and cost control.
Benefits of working at Fairhome as a Project Manager for the Property Development team.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
If you a commercially focused – driven property development project manager looking to join an exciting and rapidly growing business please apply now.
Go to all jobs