Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
An experienced Estimator required to join a rapidly growing organisation.
The Estimator will be able to deliver reliable construction project cost analysis, prepare cost plans, quotations, accurate scope of work documents amalgamated from various sources, produce management cost reports and KPIs for live, upcoming and completed schemes.
The role is to work within the developments team providing support to colleagues as well as sound financial reporting, advice and management to ensure projects are delivered within specified timeframes and on budget.
At Fairhome Group as part of the developments team we refurbish, design and construct residential healthcare facilities for tenants with specialist needs from Homelessness to learning difficulties. The job we do involves working in our in-house team on schemes from minor refurbishments to extension and refurbishment of larger facilities including new build residential schemes.
Key responsibilities as an Estimator
Job Duties (General):
- Costing projects using various reports to establish a scope of works.
- Producing location advice for properties for submission to planning.
- Producing Rent Justifications and data analysis.
- Editing and creating company documents, ensuring the current document is always used.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Managing own workload and working to deadlines.
- Carry out desktop surveys to complete high level costs for concept stage projects to determine feasibility, advising the Building Surveying team on costs.
- Acquire pre-purchase building surveys and asbestos reports, analyse alongside architect’s drawings to produce accurate construction costs and scope of works for all refurbishments and new build projects that satisfy the requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider.
- Liaise with the in-house Mechanical & Electrical advisors where required to ensure adequate works are included in the scope to reflect the proposed design / layout.
- Co-ordinate scope of works with the latest drawings, identifying and notifying any inaccuracies to the relevant team.
- Produce accurate Management Cost forecasts at the time of the Preliminary estimate for these to be taken into account for the scheme viability.
- Update project database with relevant information as required.
- Liaise with Project and Commercial teams to manage and minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Advise on risk analysis, value management and cost control.
- Advise on a procurement strategy.
- Provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life-cycle costing advice.
- Assist Project Managers with procurement of materials.
- Portfolio, project, material and contractor cost analysis and producing KPI reports where required.
- Update data capture documents with relevant cost and reliable contractor information, tracking cost movement from concept to completion, continually reviewing rates used for estimating against actual.
Skills and qualifications required as a Estimator
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Construction related HNC or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in estimating role.
- Construction knowledge and understanding of works required.
- Construction related Degree preferable but not essential.
This role requires very occasional travel, work is office based at Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays.
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive Salary: £25,000.00 to 40,000.00 DOE plus excellent benefits
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be discussed at interview.
Go to all jobs