Employers Agent/Project Manager
Salford Quays, The Quays
Salary: £35,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
An experienced Employer’s Agent / Project Manager required to join a busy Property Development team.
As the Employer’s Agent/Project Manager you will be expected to manage and allocate projects from pre-contract prospect liaise with all departments to ensure a full and clear understanding of the scope of works and requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider as agreed at design stage, ensuring the Fairhome specification is delivered as required. Liaise with the Project management team and guide them through the requirements of the individual scheme to drive the project facilitating a prompt start on site after purchase.
You will be responsible for guiding the project from design through to completion of the properties, providing support to the site-specific Project Manager.
All projects are negotiated with our client, with the main driver being completion of schemes, via external supply chain, after purchase.
This role requires travel, work is predominantly onsite throughout the UK, the office base will be Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays.
About Fairhome Group
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
At Fairhome Group as part of the developments team we refurbish, design and construct residential healthcare facilities for adults with learning difficulties. The job we do involves working in our in-house team on either small extensions and refurbishments to large care homes and new build residential schemes.
Key responsibilities of the Employer’s Agent / Project Manager:
- The work will involve time away from home travelling around the UK to visit sites.
- Management and guidance of projects from estimating through from completion and handover.
- Providing leadership to the project team to ensure we deliver a compliant scheme without delay from statutory bodies.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Managing own workload working to deadlines and achieving programme targets / milestones.
Specific Tasks of the Employer’s Agent / Project Manager:
- Pick up project’s pre-contract, review identifying any potential issues;
- Review the requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider ensure the designs are compliant and signed off;
- Visit the projects at the earliest opportunity along with the Registered Provider and Service Provider to walk the scheme, manage expectations to ensure the scheme is delivered within the Preliminary budget, produce the Construction scope and drawings;
- Ensure all relevant fields are maintained & updated in the database;
- Assist the internal teams in collating all necessary documents for pricing purposes relevant to the size / complexity of the scheme;
- Work with internal departments to ensure all contractors have passed relevant PQQ, chasing any outstanding documents as necessary;
- Responsible for ensuring that the works are executed in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the contract and that all applicable legal requirements are complied with in the design and construction of a project;
- Liaise with M&E team were required to ensure full suite of documents are available for the tenderer’s were required;
- Regularly update the Programme Planner with status of projects including overall program periods, Start on site date and any other notes relevant to the progression of the project;
- Work with the project Quantity Surveyor to send out scheme for tender, ensuring any successful tenderer’s are on the approved supply chain and submit all documents to the CDM team allowing reasonable time for them to be assessed prior to any start on site;
- Liaise with the CDM team to complete CDM Summary Document & Designers Risk Assessment;
- Understand and review contractors Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Method statements for works to be carried out, appraising their safe method of working before passing to CDM team;
- Appoint the relevant person / people / company as Principal Contractor and Principal Designer;
- Constantly review projects and project periods ensuring they are completed and handed to the SP/RP within the periods agreed;
- Liaise with the project Quantity Surveyor throughout the scheme ensuring project spend is controlled, maintained and monitored;
- Raise any issues of non-compliance with the contractor on site, ensuring any Health and Safety items are rectified in acceptable time frames relevant to the issue;
- Carry out site visits on a regular basis, recording progress by means of photographic evidence, written report, taking and recording meeting minutes. Relay this information to the relevant team members including project Quantity Surveyor and operations lead(s);
- All reports and progress photos are to be uploaded at minimum fortnightly intervals to the project folder;
- Monitor works on site and record any variations by logging them on the tracker in the project folder so all parties are clear on the Forecast Final Account;
- Collate all relevant information for the Health and Safety O&M files, checking all documentation is in place prior to sending to the office for logging in, documents to be submitted within 7 days of handover;
- Handing over the project with the Registered Provider and Service Provider, ensuring sign off as required;
- Abiding by site specific rules when visiting site, leading by example;
- You will be required to participate in any relevant training required in connection with your role.
Benefits as a Employer’s Agent / Project Manager:
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive Salary: Circa £45k+ with excellent benefits – dependent upon experience
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be discussed at interview.
If you are an experienced Employer’s Agent / Project Manager and interested in working for Fairhome Group click on apply!
Go to all jobs