Salford Quays, The Quays
Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
An experienced Estimator required to join a busy Property Development team.
As a Estimator you will be able to deliver reliable, accurate construction project cost analysis, prepare cost plans, quotations, accurate scope of work documents amalgamated from various sources, produce management cost reports and KPIs for live, upcoming and completed schemes.
The role is to work within the developments team providing support to colleagues as well as sound financial reporting, advice and management to ensure projects are delivered within specified timeframes and on budget.
This role requires very occasional travel, work is office based at Fairhome Group Head office in Salford Quays.
About Fairhome Group
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
At Fairhome Group as part of the developments team we refurbish, design and construct residential healthcare facilities for adults with learning difficulties. The job we do involves working in our in-house team on either small extensions and refurbishments to large care homes and new build residential schemes.
Job Duties of the Estimator (General):
- Managing own workload along with the team, working to deadlines.
- Producing location advice for properties for submission to planning.
- Producing Rent Justifications and data analysis.
- Editing and creating company documents, ensuring the current document is always used.
- Undertaking project administration as required.
- Liaise with Senior Management Team to deliver company and group objectives;
- Manage and approve all employee HR requirements via Cascade system;
- Manage all employee timesheets ensuring they are submitted and authorised weekly;
- Management of estimating activity via the QuickBase reports;
- Monitor and anticipate property pipeline workload;
- Manage and coordinate staff resources;
- Carry out desktop surveys to complete high level costs for concept stage projects to determine feasibility, advising the Building Surveying team on costs;
- Acquire pre-purchase building surveys and asbestos reports, analyze alongside architect’s drawings to produce accurate construction costs and scope of works for all refurbishments and new build projects that satisfy the requirements of the Registered Provider and Service Provider;
- Liaise with the Mechanical & Electrical advisors where required to ensure adequate works are included in the scope to reflect the proposed design / layout;
- Co-ordinate scope of works with the latest drawings, identifying and notifying any inaccuracies to the relevant team;
- Produce accurate Management Cost forecasts at the time of the Preliminary estimate for these to be considered for the scheme viability;
- Update database with relevant information as required;
- Liaise with Project and Commercial teams to manage and minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality;
- Advise on risk analysis, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life-cycle costing advice;
- Assist project managers with procurement of materials.;
- Portfolio, project, material and contractor cost analysis and producing KPI reports where required;
- Update data capture documents with relevant cost and reliable contractor information, tracking cost movement from Concept to completion, continually reviewing rates used for estimating against actual cost data;
- Update actual management costs and provide details of this.
Essential skills and experience required as a Estimator:
- Construction related HNC or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction estimating role.
- Leadership and team working skills
- Relevant construction knowledge and understanding of works required
- Good understanding of the construction process and building techniques
- Construction related Degree preferable but not essential.
Benefits you will receive as a Estimator:
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive Salary: ££ with excellent benefits – dependent upon experience
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from modern offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17:00. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be discussed at interview.
If you have experience as an Estimator looking for a new and exciting challenge click on apply!
Go to all jobs