Salary: £24,220.00 /year
We are currently looking for a Housing Officer (supported living) to provide effective frontline delivery of services to the association’s service users within a designated patch of properties/homes. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, to work closely with partners organisations to provide an overall holistic package of housing care & support to vulnerable services users.
You will be responsible for the delivery of key housing management services for, or on behalf of partner associations in relation to tenancy management: rents & income collection & recovery: management of voids, allocations & lettings as well as engaging & involving service users in matters that affect their homes and their care along care providers.
Working as a member of a dispersed team of specialist officers, the role involves dealing with the specific housing needs of service users with often complex learning difficulties and physical/ psychological disabilities.
Job Type / Category
Fairhome is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of delivering high quality customer services preferably but not necessarily in the housing sector.
- Demonstrable empathy with servicer users with complex care & support needs.
- Effective stakeholder management both internally & external to the organisation.
- Will be customer-focussed and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to correspond at all levels within the business and with external partners and customer.
- Will be an effective team player with an aptitude to work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- To effectively manage their own workloads, be ‘self-led’ working with moderate supervision, with high levels of attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven track record of successfully solving complex and/or difficult problems.
- Proficient use of a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working within a performance management framework.
- To possess a ‘clean’ driving license & have the use of a car for business purposes and with appropriate business insurance cover.
- It is a requirement of this role to work away from home in line with the needs of the business. The main reason for this is to visit customers and suppliers. Notice is normally given except in the event of an emergency.
- Experience of working within a supported housing environment, or an ability to demonstrate an understanding of issues associated with individuals who may have complex care & support needs or experience of working in a general needs housing management environment either with a local authority or registered housing provider.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, ambitious business that has exciting growth plans. We will also offer you excellent career development opportunities.
- Salary:£24,220.00 plus £5k car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Home working managing properties in the Midlands and Gloucester.
Go to all jobs