In-house Conveyancing Solicitor
Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
This is an excellent opportunity for a solicitor to move in-house and join a rapidly growing organisation.
Fairhome Group is a rapidly growing business who specialise in the care industry. We acquire and develop properties to create homes mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These range in size from small units, to larger schemes. We are a market leader in our sector and create ‘whole-life’ homes for those who need our services.
As an employee of Fairhome, you will receive excellent benefits which include a state-of-the-art building to work in, with an on-site restaurant, gym, bar and free leisure facilities. Part of the package involves free breakfast and lunch and there are regular social events to create that ‘family feel’, should you want it.
As an Investors In People (IIP) and a Sunday Times Top 100 one star company, there’s a real investment into the people side of the organisation. It’s a business that never stands still and if you are up for the challenge of working in a vibrant, changing, fast-paced organisation with great people, then we’d like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate
- The ideal candidate will have good track record in both residential and commercial conveyancing. (Property transactions, including leases).
- Development funding experience.
- Experience within Social housing is preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the Landlords act 1954
- Ability to manage a team of paralegals and work autonomously in a high-pressured environment
- Must be client facing and able to interact with other employees, stakeholders and external legal representation.
- Must be pragmatic and energetic with good problem-solving skills.
In-house Conveyancing Solicitor
Key responsibilities of the In-house Conveyancing Solicitor:
- Leading on the progressing of conveyancing transactions, both residential and commercial including single properties and multi-million-pound portfolios.
- Close interaction with external solicitors to ensure completion deadlines are met.
- Liaise with estate agents and introducers as to progress of transactions.
- Managing own caseload and managing a team of Paralegals, allocating and supervising work appropriately.
- Assessing the financial viability of proposed property transactions.
- Supervising the team of Paralegals in their assessments of the financial viability of property schemes.
- Supervising preparation of contractual documents, mostly in standard format.
- Ensuring correct execution of documents by external stakeholders.
- Supervising the provision of regular pipeline reports to introducers and funders.
- Supervising the correct use of the database system to ensure the correct capture of all relevant information and appropriate updating of the same as necessary.
- Supervising the obtaining of signature of contractual documents by relevant directors.
- Any other duties to assist in the smooth running of the department
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Market Rate plus Discretional Company Bonus.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
- Excellent Location: Working from prestigious offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17:00. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be agreed at interview.
Go to all jobs