Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Asset Surveyor required to work for a rapidly growing company. The role is based in Oxford with work covering the South of England.
Reporting to the Maintenance operations manager, you will work collaboratively with contractors and colleagues to ensure the delivery of high quality surveys and maintenance service to our customers, ensure all properties are well maintained and contribute to the delivery of the Asset Management Operating Plan objectives. You will develop good working practices by providing information, which can be used in improving and influencing company systems, workflow and Key Performance Indicator metrics.
As an Asset Surveyor you will provide advice and assistance to customers/stakeholders to help them maintain their properties and control the supervision of work in progress whilst adopting a project management approach on major works. Ensuring compliance with relevant safety and building legislation. Key to success is ensuring excellent customer service is provided whilst achieving great value for money.
About Fairhome Group
Fairhome Group PLC’s objective is to have the greatest and most positive social impact on Supported Living property throughout England and Wales. Our current aim is to maintain and build on the upward growth curve whilst maintaining the quality of delivery, service and culture within the organisation.
- Our funding clients currently are institutional investors with our delivery clients being a combination of Local Authorities, Registered Providers and Support Providers.
Job Duties (General):
- Excellent level of knowledge of building construction, standards, and legislation, and an ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Understanding of responsive repairs, voids works, and planned requirements.
- Ability and presence to be proactive and work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and be able to manage contractors delivering building works at project level including H&S, quality, value and progress with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent standards of customer care and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to demonstrate Fairhome Group PLC behavioural competencies.
- Successful track record of delivering building surveying services, and management of substantial work programmed in a similar environment.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a heavy workload, whilst working on a mobile basis, and keep excellent records
- Enthusiasm for identifying and embracing new ways of working and good practice.
- Survey void and occupied properties for clients/stakeholders and scope/raise any works needed.
- Specify and draw up contract documents, manage tenders, monitor progress of projects and inspect to ensure work is completed correctly
- Manage planned works and ensure that good practice financial controls are exercised.
- Undertake audits of work to monitor quality of workmanship delivered by contractors. Manage a portfolio of contractors through regular meetings, review of performance data and on-site inspections.
- Ensure the accuracy of information systems records and timely updating of documentation.
- Ensure that the company’s obligations relating to surveys are satisfied in connection with all Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Ensure that customers/stakeholders receive an excellent service, are effectively consulted with and kept informed and work with contractors and customers.
- Maintain effective information management systems to ensure effective monitoring against Key Performance Indicators.
- Effectively use and update Fairhome Asset Management Ltd systems.
- Work with others to ensure efficient ways of working are practised and cross departmental cooperation results in improved service delivery.
- Undertake satisfaction survey at the completion of the work.
- You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Circa £35k plus Discretionary Company Bonus, Company car or Car Allowance.
- Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays,
- Work Life Balance: Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times – to be agreed at interview.
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- training opportunities
Go to all jobs